Californians have a reputation for being trendsetters and that reputation holds true when it comes to the weddings scene. From bridal pantsuits to matte black cakes, here are five wedding trends that are hot in Cali.
1. October Is The New June: According to wedding planners, October 7th was the most popular wedding date of 2017, followed by the next weekend. October, and fall weddings in general, are especially popular in California. Partially because California couples also favor outside weddings and fall temperatures are generally not to cold and not to hot but just right. However, from personal experience, November in Southern California tends to be prone to light showers. So make sure you have a rainy weather plan B if your wedding is being held outside.
2. Bridal Pantsuits: A rising trend among millennial brides is the bridal pantsuit Whether you’re looking for a classic woman’s cut suit, a ladies tux, or something ultra girly like this ensemble by Lela Rose there are countless options in style and color for the bride who wants to say “no” to the dress.
3. Best Women & Men of Honor: More couples today are ignoring traditional gender roles when choosing their wedding party. Many brides are enlisting their male besties into the role of Man of Honor and many grooms, like Omar and Brandon below are assigning the role of Best Woman to their gal pals.
4. Neon Wedding Signs: Once only associated with bars and seedy hotels, neon signs are set to be the “it” trend for the 2018 wedding season. Neon wedding signs can be used to display the names of the bride and groom, the new surname or a meaningful phrase. They can also shine a new light on the wedding hashtag. After the wedding these signs can be displayed in the couple’s home.
Photo credit: Laura Golden Berger
5. Matte Black Wedding Cakes: The days of the naked cake may be numbered as a bold new trend finds favor with couples for whom pale colors are so last wedding season. That trend is the luster free black fondant that decorates cakes like this, almost to pretty to eat, black and gold masterpiece from Rossmoor Pastries in Signal Hill, CA. It’s matte, black and all that.
Looking for a modern wedding officiant? Contact Rev. Connie Jones-Steward @ www.officantlady.com