August 4th, 2017 is International Beer Day, In honor of the occasion I thought it only right to offer a post about how to incorporate beer into your wedding in some way that doesn’t conjure up images of an intoxicated groom wearing his best wife-beater T-shirt as he burps his way through his vows.
Here is a short list of ideas to set the tone of a wedding fit for the classy beer lover.
- Upcycle and decorate beer bottles to serve as vases or centerpieces for your reception. Check out my Pinterest board for ideas http://tinyurl.com/y99no86g
- Host your bachelor or bachelorette party at a tap bar or microbrewery. Call your favorite watering hole, and ask about the possibilities. Also check with local restaurants and caterer to see if they will offer a guided beer tasting.
- Use wheat, barley and/or hops in your floral arrangements. This could include your bridal bouquet, your centerpieces or in the groom’s boutonniere. These options lend themselves especially well to autumn themed weddings.
- Give bottles of beer bearing custom printed labels as favors. Imagine the appreciation of your beer loving guests at getting a personalized brewsky instead an imprinted napkin.
- Instead of an open bar, have servers to pass glasses of great craft beers during the social hour. It’s a great way to add a touch of class and elegance without stretching the already tight reception budget,